There’s a ton of meetups in the Bay Area that would fit almost everyone. You just need to be clear on your networking goals. Whether personal or professional, meetup.com provides a great venue to meet like minded people in your community. In the Bay Area, tech has been and is the hot topic for many meetups. There’s a huge variation in interest groups and how they conduct their meetings and events. Most groups are free to join, many are free meetings, etiquette is to pay for your own drinks unless mentioned in the details, a few are pay as you attend special meetings & events, etc.
Here are some of my picks for tech startup founders, especially those new to the Bay Area and want to expand their professional network.
- Funders & Founders – Monthly Life 3.0 events + other lectures, discussions,
- Hackers & Founders - weekly meetings in various locations of informational session, hackathons, happy hours, networking opportunities and weekly networking lunches with others in the tech community. Prepay 1 week in advance and sign up for the emails to get invited weekly as the locations do change. For more info:
- Silicon Valley Entrepreneurs and Startups – one of the largest meetups in the Bay Area. They hold a variety of events including information sessions, demo days, bootcamps, co-founder networking and the happy hour is definitely highly recommended.
- SF Jump Start Days – $15 The JumpStartDays program provides feedback, mentoring, and resources from angel investors to seed stage pre-funded, pre-revenue technology startups. http://www.meetup.com/jumpstartdays/
- The Silicon Valley iOS Developer’s Meetup
- SF Statup Idea-to-IPO
- Just for the ladies – Women2.0, Girls in Tech, Geek Girls Dinners, and plenty more.
Funders & Founders