One of my favorite roles is “cultural attache” to visiting tech founder from aboard. I truly enjoy sharing the uniqueness of the Silicon Valley Bay Area especially San Francisco’s culture and tech scene. It’s always a buzz with startup and tech meetups and activities. This is why the Silicon Valley remains the tech Mecca of the world. I love the events, demos, pitches, hackathons, meetups, happy hours, conferences and so many more.
Tomorrow starts my escapades with the Singaporeans visiting for Founders in the Bay. They are a select group of future tech entrepreneurs here for the 11th Founder’s Showcase with Kevin Rose, Aaron Levie & Hilten Shah.
The Founder Showcase is a quarterly seed-stage startup pitch and networking event that gathers Silicon Valley leaders to hear talks from top CEOs and investors, and help launch a promising startup to greatness.
The 11th Founder Showcase is scheduled for Wednesday, July 25th at the Microsoft Mountain View Campus. Guests will be treated to an entertaining Pitch Competition featuring 8 promising seed-stage companies, as well as talks by Kevin Rose (Founder of Digg and Venture Partner at Google Ventures), Aaron Levie (Co-Founder & CEO of Box), and Hiten Shah (CEO of KISSmetrics). Appetizers and drinks will also be served in a networking hall full of other hot startups demoing their wares in the Demo Table Competition.
Organized by Battle Ventures, Founders in the Bay (#foundersinbay &
#fib2012) is an invite-only immersion program for Singapore-based technology startup founders to learn about the burgeoning technology market that is Silicon Valley.
I was happy to assist with their itinerary. Check out a few of the great events and meetings we have arranged:
- Founder’s Showcase
- Private lunch & tour at Twitter
- Private lunch & tour at Twilio
- Private lunch & tour at Google
- Private tour at Mozilla
- Merger and acquisition at Hackerdojo
- Launching Your Startup Like a Rocket
- Startup Boot Camp
- Hackers & Founder‘s lunch
- Techcrunchup Event
- Bootstrappers Anonymous Co-mentoring Meetup
- Startup Grind with Dave Mcclure
- Term Sheet Negotiation: What to Ask and Where to Focus Before, During and After
- Designers + Geeks Speaker Series
- Visit to 780CAfe & I/O Ventures
- Startup Summer Party
- Mentor meetings & group lunches with industry professionals